Tuesday 21 June 2011

Reflections on my training

Enhancing your presentations Microsoft PowerPoint City 20/06/2011

I thought that the course went well again. There was a problem with one computernto being able to access the h drive but I am in the process of reporting this to IS as I still need to get the computer number. Luckily there was another computer so the trainee was easily able to move to that one.
There were a couple of questions about the master slide and although I was not covering this in the course I was able to show them where it was in 2010. I also referred staff to the interactive guide on PowerPoint as this will help them to see where some of the tools have moved to in 2010. I am going to include this within the training in the future.

I felt that even though I had tried to change the slide layout section of the training it is still a little flat and uninteresting. I think that this needs to be changed to become more engaging around some of the key principles of layout.

I also need to look into the copyright of the images you can get from Office ClipArt. Are these free to use in presentations or should ackowledgments be made?

One number of the trainees were interested to know whether it is possible to have the projector display the presentation but to have the notes display on the computer. I plan to ask some colleagues if this is possible so that I can answer this question if it comes up again.

Another question that arose during the session was around exit animation and whether there is a way of have one item in a list appear then disappear before the next item appears on the same slide.
Someone also asked me about merging PowerPoint presentations together where many of the slides are the same but a few are different. Is there a way of doing this?

After finding out the answer to these questions I am going to send a message to all the attendees on the session to show that I have followed up on the queries that I could not answer during the session.
Over all I still think that the session runs well and the attendees seem pleased with what has been covered.

1 comment:

  1. Some really interesting questions raised. I'm looking forward to what you find out :-)

    ReplyDelete