Monday 27 June 2011

Adding Audio and Video to Microsoft PowerPoint Presentations Clifton 24/06/2011

This one was a disaster! I had technical problems which meant that trinees were not able to try out some of the techniques being taught during the session.

One of these I was aware about before the session ran. This was to do with the narrating the presentation. I could not get the microphones to work on the Student PC's. I checked all of the setting were the same as the presenter PC but I still could not get this to work.

I also had a problem with the cpomputers recognising the MPEG4 format that the FlipCams record in. I did not test before the session so this meant that I was not aware that this was an issue until the trainees started to try and add their video to PowerPoint.

The trainees left early because they were not able to try out the techniques that were taught during the session other than adding video from the web.

I have reported the issues to IS and we will see if they are able to resolve them. If not then I will need to find an alternative room to use over at the Clifton Campus

No comments:

Post a Comment